Wow …. the most popular item in USA …. the Apple AirPods which accounted for 85% of the money spent on wireless headphones in USA (refer research firm NPD Group estimated last year.)
So in this post you can get all relevant information on Apple Airpods in a single post, any question you have about airpods will have answer on this page, I will keep updating the page as and when any new changes happen or I get any information across internet, this will facilitate you like a dictionary .. and save your precious time too.
News update – 12 March 2018
Apple Airpods Noise cancelling version may be on the work
- Apple Airpods 2 (second generation airpods) may feature Noise Cancellation. It would be physical analog methods noise cancellation, rather than active noise cancellation
- Apple may also include water resistance to its upcoming AirPods 2 earbuds
- Airpods sells prediction up to 30 million units sold across 2018
Apple Airpod upgrade expected early 2019
(refer Bloomberg reports)
- Water resistant design (splash proof and not water-proof)
- an upgraded wireless chip for managing Bluetooth connections
- “Hey Siri” Support (presently you can invoke siri by double-tapping one of their AirPods earbuds)
- Airpod case with wireless charging, launch planned along AirPower, Apple’s wireless charging mat, which lets you charge iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch simultaneously.
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) :12 Feb 2018
Apple AirPod earphone blew up, read out detailed news here
- Whenever you pull your AirPods out of the charging case, they instantly turn on and connect to your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, or Mac.
Audio automatically plays as soon as you put them in your ears and pauses when you take them out.
Now this feature works excellant in many situations, as an example you are waiting for boarding and announcement starts, just take one earbud out, auto-pause activates, after listening to the announcement, put it back to ears and music resumes.
- To adjust the volume, change the song, make a call, or even get directions, just double-tap to activate Siri.
- Optional wireless charging case coming in 2018. (refer Apple official website page)
How do I use Airpods during my flight?
- Put your phone to Airplane Mode before take off
- This will disable your Bluetooth connection
- Now goto the control center and toggle Bluetooth back on to work with AirPods.
What is meaning of Status light on my Airpod case?
- When you place the AirPods in your case, then the status light will show the charge status of your AirPods.
- When the case is empty, status light will show the battery status of the case.
- Status Color indication meaning:
- Green color = Fully Charged
- Amber color = Less than one full charge remains.
- Flashing white = AirPods are ready to set up with a device.
- Flashing amber = Set up your AirPods again.
- Changing name of Airpods:
Settings app > Bluetooth > blue “i” icon next to AirPods under “My Devices.”
Then simply tap on the “Name” to change it.
Apple Airpods Specs table:
|Hardware||Apple W1 chip|
|AirPods Sensors (each)||Dual beam-forming microphones|
|Dual optical sensors|
|Auto detect if airpods are in ears||optical sensors and a motion accelerometer|
|Auto call detection||The accelerometer works with beamforming microphones to filter out background noise and focus on the sound of your voice|
|Listening time / Music time||Up to 5 hours listening time,
Up to 2 hours talk time
|Charging case extends battery life||up to 24 hours listening time,
up to 11 hours talk time
|Quick charge facility||15 minutes in the case equals 3 hours listening time
or over an hour of talk time
|Charging Case||Lightning connector|
|Software requirements||Needs an iCloud account and macOS Sierra, iOS 10, or watchOS 3.|
|AirPods (each) Weight||0.14 ounces (4 g)|
|Charging Case Weight||1.34 ounces (38 g)|
|AirPods (each) Dimensions||0.65 x 0.71 x 1.59 inches
(16.5 x 18.0 x 40.5 mm)
|Charging Case Dimensions||1.74 x 0.84 x 2.11 inches
(44.3 x 21.3 x 53.5 mm)
|iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus|
|Compatible Watch Models||38mm Case, 42mm Case|
|Compatible iPad Models||iPad mini 2, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch)|
|Compatible iPod Models||iPod touch 6th Generation|
Airpods on Android phone:
– Put the airpods in the case, keep the lid open.
– Push the button on the case until the case LED starts blinking white.
– AirPods will appear in smartphone, just pair it.
– Note : The AirPods does not support automatic disconnection feature or double tapping feature on Android phones (or other non-Apple devices).
- Checking the battery status:
free AirBattery app open the lid on your AirPods’ charging case and a popup — similar to the one you get on iPhone — will show up on your Android device. Battery stats for the case and each AirPod will be displayed
primarily that an AirPod will need to be in the charging case in order for the case’s battery life to be displayed.
Tips & Tricks on Airpods
- Use Airpods endless time:
Its simple, use one airpod at a time and put second one in charging case, as Apple has designed optical sensors and a motion accelerometer, it will automatically identify which airpod is inside ear and connect to iPhone automatically. Also Stero will automatically directed to single earphone while you are using only one out of two. Using this simple trick you will be able to use airpods endlessly 🙂
- Change Auto-microphone settings to only left or right earbuds:
By default airpods will automatically detect which earbud you are using, right or left and switch microphone to it for taking calls. However if you wish to fix it to left or right earphone, then goto:
>>> Settings app > Bluetooth > blue “i” icon next to AirPods under “My Devices,”
The microphone is set to “Automatically Switch AirPods” by default
you can select the Microphone to be “Always Left AirPod” or “Always Right AirPod.”
- How do I find my lost Airpod?
Use App “Find My iPhone” available on the App Store or in iCloud.com
- One Airpod stopped working, what to do?
How to resolve Airpod connectivity issue with iOS 11.2.6
Reset the airpod & reconnet to your phone again (method 1)
1) Settings > Bluetooth > AirPods, tap on the “I” icon and then “Forget This Device.”
2) How to “hard reset”the AirPods :
Hold down the pairing button on the rear of your AirPods case for about 15 seconds. The light should flash amber and then white.
3) Repair now : Settings > Bluetooth and pair your device with your AirPods again.
Reset the airpod & reconnet to your phone again (method 2)
1) Reset : Hold the pairing button for about 40 seconds (extended time period)
2) Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings, and then pair with your AirPods again.If nothing above tricks works then contact Apple Support at official Contact page, or their support Twitter account.
References for this article is taken from: