The battle has began to win the race of Smart home speakers …. and everyone wants to win it by providing things at cheaper rate, highest quality, support to voice assistants (multiple it possible), integration with smart-home systems, multi-room connectivity and after-all the superior sound quality.
What’s better in Sonos One than HomePod ?
- Multiple Voice Assistant Support by Sonos One: Alexa vs Siri
Sonos One uses Alexa and supports voice controls for Spotify and other streaming services
Vs HomePod, supports voice controls only for Apple Music!
In coming future Sonos is going to add Google Assistant and AirPlay 2 support, allowing use of Siri through your Apple devices.
Amazon’s Alexa smart voice assistant, with more than 10,000 skills is definitely far better than Apple’s Siri assistantIn nutshell .. Sonos One allows you to access different voice assistants and services in the U.S., including Amazon’s own Music service, SiriusXM, Pandora, TuneIn, and Spotify, with Audible and iHeart Radio support [expected in 2018], as against the Apple HomePod supporting only Apple Music and a few third-party services like “messaging, lists, and notes” apps.
- How do I use Siri on Sonon One?
- You can use any Siri-enabled device to give commands to the Sonos One
- What I mean is that you can’t directly give commonds to the Sonon One, but give the voice commands from an iOS or macOS devices
- Sonos app:
When you queue up an Apple Music playlist through Sonos app, the Sonos One will remember & play again anytime when you tell him to Play [valide till you do not switch to a different music service]
- Smaller & Cuter:
The Sonos One sized to 6.36″ x 4.69″, weighing 4.08 pounds as against HomePod 6.8″ x 5.6″, weighing 5.5 pounds.
Which means Sonos is sized little smaller than the HomePod, Smaller the cuter ?
Shapes being different, with Sonos rectangular vs HomdPod rounder shaped.
- How about the Drivers and tweeter arrays:
Sonos 1 : Features two class-D digital amplifiers with One tweeter + a mid-woofer controlled via Sonos’s TruePlay technology.
Homepod scores more in this area with its 7 beam-forming tweeter array, 4-inch Apple-designed woofer, and 6-microphone array.
I want to know more about Sonon One .. How is the Sound quality ?
- Yes, One can deliver Rich bass at lower volumes, which is one of the most important things for you to enjoy music a silent nights …
- After the HomePod is available in market we will be able to compare what Apple claims to be “Re-imagination of how music should sound in a home” Read more about Apple HomePod here…
- Multi-room Audio support:
Sonos can connect over Wi-Fi with other compatible Sonos speakers to create a multi-room experience.
It allows to play same song on multiple speakers, or difference songs on different speakers or get coupled as Stereo system.
Finally the Price & Offers Battle in between Sonos One and Apple HomePod
as on 26 Jan 2018 looks like Sonos want to take over with dazzling offer of two Alexa-powered speakers for the price of a single Apple HomePod