Improved New Frigidaire 70 pint dehumidifier
[2015 Release Over Previous Generation]
Frigidaire 70 Pint Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control “FFAD7033R1” – Review 2018
In this review we shall get in-depth information on Features & Technical Specs of The Frigidaire FAD704DWD which is the most popular dehumidifier in the market. Choosing a dehumidifier for your basement itself is a task and I have selected the best dehumidifier, Frigidaire since it scores more +ve customer feedback’s than most of dehumidifiers in market.
The FAD704DWD is an excellent performer in 70 pint dehumidifier class, it easily handles the most demanding residential humidity problems 🙂 It Quickly & Quietly removes moisture from the ambient air making my most favorite assistant present in my Living-Room & Bed-Room. And most important is that I need not have to empty this unit’s bucket frequently.
btw in this buying guide I would also cover what does a dehumidifier do ? and what is pint capacity ?
What does a dehumidifier do ?
There is a fan to pulls in air from the surrounding atmosphere, having high moisture levels. As the humid air passes through the dehumidifier cooling coils, the moisture condenses converting it into water droplets, which are then drained suitable. You might have observed that when you park your car for a while and car AC is running, water droplets keep falling down below the car, that is condensed moisture from your breathing.
What is pint capacity ? [70 Pint]
means 70 pints of water can be removed from the air in 24 hours time span.
Here is rough guidelines on selection of Pint capacity as per the room or basement size
up to 1500 square feet area 30-Pint Dehumidifier up to 2000 square feet area 40 or 50-Pint Dehumidifier larger than 2000 square feet area 60 or 70-Pint Dehumidifier
Key Features of Frigidaire 70 pint dehumidifier:
- Removes up to 70 pints of moisture quickly from the air daily
- Energy Star® Certified
- Adjustable humidistat
- Good energy efficiency
- Quiet operation
- Superior build quality & reliable
- Set desired humidity level (low 35% and high 85%)
- Efficient operating temperatures (low 41° F and high 90° F)
- Drainage from the side of the dehumidifier [instead of back which was there in old model]
- Easy to use control panel
- Easily removable air filter from the back of the unit
- Top extendable handle and excellent cord storage
Specifications : (Download Frigidaire 70 pint dehumidifier specs PDF)
|Rated Power||745 Watts (Cool)|
|Bucket Style||Front Pull-Out|
|Bucket Full Indication||Yes|
|Continuous Drain Operation||Yes|
|Digital Humidity Readout||Yes|
|Filter||Antibacterial Mesh (Rear access)|
Reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles for a cool, comfortable environment
|Bucket-Full Auto Shut-Off||Yes|
|Container Capacity||13.1 (Pints)|
|Dimensions||11.6″ x 15″ x 24.4″|
|Warranty||5 year sealed system|
1 year full parts and labor
- Ensure clearance of 6~8″ behind the unit since it draws air in from the back
- Also exhaust is from the side so don’t block it
Items Supplied Check List (May change from time to time) :
- 70-Pint Dehumidifier
- Installation hardware
- Owner’s use & care manual (Download Frigidaire 70 pint dehumidifier manual)
What is difference in between Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 vs FAD704DWD ?
|FAD704DWD is OLD model vs Latest model which is FFAD7033R1|
|Model||FAD704DWD (OLD)||FFAD7033R1 (NEW)|
|Energy Consumption while working on Max Level||745 watts|
|Moisture Removal Rate||Faster moisture removal rate than Old model|
|Air-Intake & Air-Exhaust Locations||Air-intake at the Front|
Air-exhaust from the Top
|Air-intake at the back|
Air-exhaust on the side
|Noise level||Top Exhaust is more noisier||Quieter than Old model|
(Orient the dehumidifier to change exhaust direction)
|Build Quality||Improved using sturdier higher quality materials|
|Features – Humidistat||Can be adjusted in 5% increments|
|Features – Adjustable Timer||Half hour increments up to 10 hours and 1 hour increments up to 24 hours|
|Features – Fan Speed||Two fan speeds||Three fan speeds (high, medium, and low)|
|Auto Mode||Yes||No, Only Continuous mode available|
|Drainage||Back of the humidifier||Side of the dehumidifier|
|Drainage adapter||Not required, connect directly||Required|
|Bucket Size||16.3 pint bucket||13.1 pint bucket|
|Human Interface Points|
|Setup + Functions||Intuitive Controls|
|Portability||Top extendable handle|
+ Side pocket handles, Extremely helpful when the top handle breaks due to some reason + Easy to lift using side handles
|Top extendable handle|
|Weight||46 pounds||47 pounds|
|Filter Removal||Difficult removal|
bottom slide filter requires removal of the water tank
The filter is easily accessed on the back of the unit
|Model||FAD704DWD (OLD)||FFAD7033R1 (New)|
|Deals, Discount & Offer Price||Best Buy||Best Buy|
Why Do We Recommend FFAD7033R1?
- Looks Great : Modern, with Intuitive Control Panel & LED Display
- Dehumidifies faster and more efficiently
- Quite operation
- Durable and reliable
- Best & affordable large capacity 70 pint dehumidifier in the market
Best Buy Price Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 on Amazon …
Supplements yo may like to buy …
Problems customers faced for Frigidaire 70 pint Dehumidifier
- Stopped working after 4 weeks to 11 months cases
- “F0” “Fo” Error Code & Stops working
- Frigidaire dehumidifier hose not draining
- Please check level of your dehumidifier, it may be possible that if it stands in tilted condition drain will not happen through hose.
- Still if it does not resolve issue try raising the platform by say 6 inches to create sufficient head for water drain
- Frigidaire dehumidifier troubleshooting – Please download troubleshooting guide here
What improvements I expect in the next release ?
- Built in condensate pump to drain in a location far away or above it
- Defrost mode active indication
- Larger size condensate collection bucket (Water tank)
- Additional side pocket handles [providing more comfortable pick-up/movement than top handle]
Frigidaire 70 pint Dehumidifier [FFAD7033R1] Fault error codes meaning
- Frigidaire F1, F2 or L1 Error codes
Please turn off and unplug the unit, then plug it in again in 30 minutes.
Frigidaire F0 Fault code [Frigidaire Fo Error Code]
Check the following operating conditions. Outlet voltage should be 115V±10% and the surrounding temperature should be with in the range of 41 °F (5 °C) to 90 °F (32 °C). Unplug the unit and plug it in again under normal operating conditions
- If the “BUCKET FULL” light is on, remove the bucket and re-install to reset the float switch
How to Set Frigidaire 70 pint Dehumidifier [FFAD7033R1]
- To turn the unit on, press the ON/OFF button. The unit will run in the factory setting of CONTINUOUS and high fan speed. In the CONTINUOUS mode, the unit will only display CO and not the room humidity. It is recommended you leave the unit running in the CONTINUOUS setting for the first three or four days until the sweating and dampness odors have stopped.
- After a few days when the Relative Humidity has declined, press the HUMIDITY UP or DOWN buttons to choose a value between 35% to 85%, so the room is kept at a comfortable humidity. Pressing the UP or DOWN buttons will change the humidity selection in 5% increments. After you have set the desired humidity, the readout will display the actual room humidity. If at any time you want to return to the CONTINUOUS Mode, pressing the HUMIDITY DOWN button will lower the Relative Humidity through the 5% decrements until the display reads CO. To turn the unit on, press the ON/OFF button. The unit will run in the factory setting of CONTINUOUS and high fan speed. In the CONTINUOUS mode, the unit will only display CO and not the room humidity. It is recommended you leave the unit running in the CONTINUOUS setting for the first three or four days until the sweating and dampness odors have stopped. When unit is in operation, pressing UP and DOWN button will simultaneously for 3 seconds can lock buttons. If this function is enabled, LOCK indicator will illuminate and display shows LC, which will blink for 3 times. Then room humidity will be display again. To disable this function, press UP and DOWN button simultaneously for 3 seconds and the LOCK indicator will turn off
- You can also use the FAN SPEED button to change the fan speed to HIGH, Medium or LOW. The indicator light will show the setting you have selected. A higher fan speed will result in quicker moisture removal.
- The CLEAN FILTER light will illuminate after 250 hours of operation. At this time refer to the care and cleaning section to remove and clean the filter. Once the filter has been cleaned and replaced, simply press the FILTER button to extinguish the light
- The TIMER function enables you to either Delay Start or Delay Stop the unit in the choice from 0.5 hour to 24 hours. If the unit is running, then selecting Timer will turn the unit off in the hours that will be set (Delay Stop). If the unit is off, then selecting Timer will turn the unit on in the hours that will be set (Delay Start).
First press TIMER button, then adjust timer setting, by tapping or holding the UP or DOWN button to change the delay timer at 0.5 hour increments, up to 10 hours, then by 1 hour increments up to 24 hours. The control will count down the time remaining (8,7.5,7, etc.) until the unit either starts or stops. For the Delay Start, the fan speed and humidity maintained will be the same as previous setting. After TIMER setting finishes, pressing TIMER button again at any time will stop the TIMER function. The Delay Start/Stop Feature will work until the unit either starts or stops. Once that happens the above steps have to be repeated
Hope you like this product review of humidifier, please do put comments on post, share with family and friends 🙂