If you have an Bose SoundLink Color Wireless Bluetooth Speaker and facing problems in connecting a previous paired device or even connecting to the SoundLink Color Speaker. You may need to Reset Bose Soundlink Color with the following steps.
How to Reset Bose Soundlink Color ?
- First make sure that your Speaker is connected to a power supply.
- Now press and hold the aux and volume – buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. [or until the LED Indicators Flash]
- The speaker will now be powered off, simply press the Power button to turn the speaker ON.
- Verify your language selection
Tip: Remember that factory reset will erase all paired Bluetooth devices from the speaker’s memory !
After factory reset also my problem is not resolved ? what to do ?
Sometimes even if you factroy reset your soundlink speaker, you may not be still able to connect it to your iPhone or Android device. In that case follow the following Steps :
- Open your iPhone or Android mobile Bluetooth settings
- You will see list of devices that are paired with your phone (may have multiple entries depending upon how many other headphones or soundbars you have connected your mobile in past)
- Now select the entry of Bose Soundlink Color from the Bluetooth devices, press and hold on the entry for sometime, you will get an option of Forget the device. Select that.
- Now you can start fresh and try repairing the Speaker to your mobile.
- Sometimes removing or deleting entries of unused Bluetooth devices from your phone also helps.
What if you see Flashing Red Battery Light?
This might happen for two reasons, one is that you have not used the Bose Soundlink Speaker from long time, say more than 24 days, in which case the speaker will enter into Battery Protection mode. Now this is done to prevent the speaker battery from entering into a deep discharge stage. In this case the speaker will start showing RED light flashing.
If you see RED light flashing, immediately put the speaker for charging (even you are not going to use it) for a minimum of 4 hours of continuous charging, then only attempt to use the speaker.
Note : Deep discharge state of battery is harmful, since recovery even after charging will not be possible, it is as good as the battery goes into dead stage, hence this stage shall be avoided.
Bose Soundlink Color Troubleshooting guide
There are other common problems that users face and I have tried to answer them to best of my knowledge and in simple manner.
Speaker not turning on when connected to power
- There can be a case when the speaker does not come to life even after plugging into the wall socket !
- First thing can be improper socket connection. Check for any loose connection to the wall socket. If you are using a adapter or surge protector try removing it and directly connecting speaker to wall power socket.
- Second chance is that the power adapter is faulty, try borrowing one from friend and check if the speaker is getting charged, if this resolves then simply buy a new power adapter
- If you have lost original power adapter and using alternate one, check for the compatibility
Speaker not turning on when put on Battery
- Check if the speaker has entered into battery protection mode, red light may be flashing, in that case charge the battery with wall socket charger for at least four hours and then try using it on battery power.
- Even after putting for charging, speaker not working on battery alone, in that case the battery may be faulty or reached to end of life. In that case try replacing the battery by going to service station or swap it with friends speaker battery, just for confirmation.
Bose soundlink color not charging
- Connect the soundlink color to power supply
- Press and hold the Play/Pause button for at least 15 seconds
- While continuing to hold Play/Pause, unplug from power
- Release Play/Pause
My speaker is connected to mobile but not playing music ?
- Speaker is connected successfully to mobile, showing Bluetooth connected but still not playing music.
- May be its a faulty signal, means the speaker in actual practice not paired with mobile, simply try restarting your mobile, mostly issues shall get resolved after restart.
- Sometimes mobile audio output is directed to headphones (if connected via 3.5 mm jack) in that case remove the headphone connected to mobile and try playing music.
- Check the distance between your mobile device and speaker, it should be directly in the line of sight as well as withing 33 feet range. Try going near to the speaker and check if the music being played or not.
- Sometimes simply the soundlink volume setting may be too low ! or even it might be on Mute mode !! Just simply adjusting volume levels may resolve the issue.
- Sometimes other devices make interference with Bluetooth signal and hence you may have interrupted music playing ! Outside devices generating interference may include, but are not limited to: microwave ovens, cordless phones, network routers, and other Bluetooth devices.
I am not able to pair speaker with a Bluetooth device
- Check and ensure that your speaker is having latest software update. In case you are not aware, check for latest software update on Bose official website https://www.bose.com/support.html
- If the software is up-to-date then simple do the factory reset (refer to process given at the beginning of this post)
- Other possibility is that your speaker may have stored too many Bluetooth devices in memory, in that case press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until you hear a noise. Now you have cleared all Bluetooth devices from speakers memory, try reconnecting with your Bluetooth device.
- How to pair my Bose soundlink with Bluetooth device ?
- Turn on Speaker
- Turn on Bluetooth device (iPhone or Android phone etc)
- Now press and hold the Bluetooth button on the speaker for three seconds, this will make the speaker enter into a discoverable mode.
- . The Bluetooth indicator will slowly turn on and off to show the speaker is able to be discovered.
- Goto your mobile, and locate the “Bose SoundLink” in the Bluetooth device list, select it.
- If your mobile asks for a code, enter digits 0000 and press OK.
- Your mobile will show paired and at the same time SoundLink speakers Bluetooth indicator stops turning on and off and remains on.
- You are done, ready to play music.
What is maximum distance between my mobile and Bluetooth speaker ?
- Bose soundlink is designed to operate on Bluetooth connection, standard range of the same is around 33 feet.
- However if you have obstacles such as walls or furniture or metal, the signal may get interrupted giving broken music play.
- In such case try moving the SoundLink speaker in the clear line of sight with your mobile or Bluetooth device. If this does not work, move it near to the speaker and it should work fine.