In this blog post we will have a look at Linksys E800, E900, E1200, E1500, E1700, E2500 Comparison, since there are so many options and incremental numbers for routers for a single company and it is difficult to understand what are the minor differences in between these router models.
That too at few $ here and there ? Not sure why companies like linksys want to confuse person like me who just want a good router modem for WiFi a home ?
Anyway since I had to choose it for me, I had researched it for you too.
Refer to this simple technical specifications chart for Linksys router modems will help you choose right one with your requirements, I have also added and highlighted features with RED and GREEN colors for easy and quick review.
Linksys E800, E900, E1200, E1500, E1700, E2500 Comparison of specs
|Price||Latest price ?||Latest price ?||Latest price ?||Latest price ?||Latest price ?||Latest price ?|
|Antennas||1 internal||2 internal||2 internal||3 internal||2 external||4 internal|
|Speed||150 Mbps||300 Mbps||300 Mbps||300 Mbps||300 Mbps||300 + 300 Mbps|
|Fast Ethernet 4 port switch||4 x 10/100||4 x 10/100||4 x 10/100||4 x 10/100||4 x Gigabit||4 x 10/100|
|Technology||Wireless-N, 2.4 GHz||Wireless-N, Simultaneous Dual-band 2.4 + 5 GHz|
|Compatibility||Wireless-N/B/G devices||Wireless-N/B/G/A devices|
|Dimensions||7.43 x 5.97 x 1.23”||8.86 x 1.38 x 7.09”|
|Guest & Parent controls||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Features||100-150 feet range||800 feets range||NAT|
use single IP
Hope this helps your selection. For latest prices please check on links given.
Happy internet surfing 🙂
One more question that came to my mind is ……………
What does it mean to have more number of antennas for my WiFi router modem ?
- Additional antennas increase the effective range of the wireless network.
- The WiFi performance of the routers will depend on
- The distance between the wireless device and the router
- Volume of network traffic
- Operating system (OS) of the computer
- Interference from other wireless and electronic devices
- Obstructions like walls and furniture
- Wireless standard of the adapters used
- The Internet connectivity provided by the Internet Service Provider (ISP)