Further to our home energy audit series, is the member which consumes continuous power at every modern home i.e. mobile charging process.
Most of the time the charger is ON consuming ~4 Watt of energy, with number of mobiles at home it is evident to think on using Solar power banks using FREE Solar energy to all of us abundantly.
Using solar charger you will be charge your smartphones, iPads, cameras [model dependent].
Solar power bank can be used at home, but mostly will be helpful to you during your travel in a bus (remember in India mobile charging sockets are not available on bus) And needless to say that they will be blessing to those on camping and trekking.
Since I need to buy one under my Home Energy Audit Process, I have researched extensively yo find out best options based on user experience, feedback’s, reviews on various locations, such as durability, efficiency, pleasing design, waterproofing.
Solar Power bank selection guide 2018
RAVPower 15W Dual USB Port iSmart Solar Charger Portable Foldable Solar Panel
- iSmart charging ports automatically matches the maximum charging current designed for your device and results quick charging your mobile.
- Light weight and foldable to your back pack.
- Good during Emergencies, Natural Disasters, Extra long power failures.
- Useful for iPhone 6 Plus 5s 5c 5 4s 4, iPad Air Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, HTC One M8, Nexus 5, Blackberry, GPS Units, Digital Camera, Bluetooth Speaker and Other Smartphones and Tablets
- Weight is 745 Grams
Anker PowerPort Solar Charger (21W 2-Port USB Solar Panel Charger)
- for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge and More
- Product is imported from USA
- Weight is 417 Grams
Goal Zero 41022 Guide 10 Plus Solar Recharging Kit
So weight wise speaking Anker solar power bank looks to be winner …. However most of the reviews are not from India and hence one has to recheck with known source before buying these power banks … or in case you already have it let me know so as to make my decision final 🙂