Here are some most common questions asked about conversion of old devices to Bluetooth compatibility are
- How to make my TV Bluetooth?
- Where can I get Bluetooth adapter for TV?
- Is there bluetooth transmitter and receiver for tv ?
- How to get Bluetooth converter for TV?
- How to bluetooth broadcast audio from my TV?
- Can I get Bluetooth audio transmitter for TV?
Answer to all the above question is same, yes, there are many companies selling Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver in market today which can help making your TV Bluetooth compatible with simple 3.5 mm audio jack connector.
What a Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver can do for you ?
It can act as transmitter or receiver of Audio using 3.5 mm jack.
What it means is that you will be able to convert your old wired stereos, TV, MP3 players or even old Computer to transmit audio over Bluetooth, and listen them over a distance of about 33 feet within your wireless Bluetooth headphones or Bluetooth speakers without hassle.
2-in-1 Bluetooth Audio Receive mode
Most frequently used and very useful feature is this 2-in-1 BT mode, like simply plugging the BT transmitter to TV and then listen audio over BT headphones, making nights silent for others at home. Also most of them are low latency making video in sync with audio lip movements.
So in this review I have tested SoundPEATS MK2 Bluetooth transmitter receiver and compared its specs with most selling TaoTronics TT-BA07 over Amazon.
First lets have a look at below specs table highlighting main features and then go for details of each feature.
SoundPEATS vs TaoTronics Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver Review & Specs comparison
Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver
SoundPEATS MK2 specs
TaoTronics TT-BA07 specs
|Offers & Deals||Best Buy SoundPEATS MK2||Best Buy TaoTronics TT-BA07|
Faster and more stable connectivity
you will be able to listen to audio without latency, which means watching movie on TV will not have any Lip sync issues
|Bluetooth range||33 feet (10 m)|
|Bluetooth Profile||HFP, HSP, A2DP, AVRCP|
|Receiver Mode & Transmitter Mode||Push button to switch||Flip button switch|
|Receiver Mode||Connect with 2 devices to play audio|
|Transmitter mode||Connect 2 devices|
|Transmitter power||Class 2|
|Phone Call Function||Short press MFB to answer/hand up a phone call,long press MFB to reject a call.||Not available|
|Audio jack||3.5 mm|
|Working time||10 Hours|
|Standby time||15 hours||??|
|Chrging time||1.5-2 hours||??|
|Built in battery rating||170 mAH|
|3.5mm Audio/RCA Cable||Yes|
|Warranty||12 month||12 + 6 month extended warranty|
|Download User Manual PDF||SoundPEATS MK2 manual||taotronics bluetooth transmitter manual|
Using the Bluetooth Transmitter Mode of this device
Well simply connect the Transmitter Receiver through a 3.5 mm audio jack to your phone or old music player or TV or even a computer and it will begin transmitting audio through Bluetooth to your other audio devices like a Bluetooth headphone or Bluetooth speaker.
This function is specially useful in converting your TV to Bluetooth capability quickly and at very low cost.
Using the Bluetooth Receiver Mode of this device (simple switch to be used)
Now the specialty is the same device can act as Bluetooth receiver too.
So say you want to connect your smartphone to old audio music system which does not have Bluetooth compatibility, simple plug in this device and switch to receiver mode. Now connect your smartphone to music system through the receiver to play music. Its that simple 🙂
Phone call function
What I liked in SoundPEATS MK2 is capability of phone calls using mictophone, now this is something added in the same or even lower price, assisting you to get calls while listening to the music. Taotronics does not have this function (and have slightly higher price too – as on March 2018)
SoundPEATS MK2 Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver Hands On Review
Now coming to the hands on review of SoundPEATS MK2.
- Its pretty nice looking handy model.
- Smart and compact
- All the supplied accessories are of good quality
- User manual is simple and well explained
- Bluetooth pairing is fairly easy and quick
- Bluetooth range in the line of sight is good and I am able to get good signal inside my living room
- Tried on music system at my home, which have 3.5 mm audio adapter but no Bluetooth. Worked well.
- Tried on my TV watching a movie at night on two headphones and works well (although normally if you connect to two devices, latency may happen in audio, here it works well)
- Did not try on my car, since it already has BT enabled music system.
I will be still using SoundPEATS MK2 model for a while to test its battery life, charging time etc and update here over a time of about a month.
But as on now I am happy with the performance and surely it has got an edge over Taotronics of having a Phone call function at lower price.
So just try it once …
HowzBuy.com knowledge base for you
taotronics bluetooth transmitter not pairing
- Follow the following steps if your taotronics TT-BA07 bluetooth transmitter is not pairing
[same guide is also applicable for other transmitters like TT-BA07 / TT-BA08 / TT-BA09 / TT-BA12]
- First switch the mode, press switch to RX, then switch back to TX
- Now turn transmitter off for 5 seconds
- Also reset your headphones or speakers and restart
- Now switch on Bluetooth of your headphone or speaker, and locate them within 3 feet from the transmitter.
- Now press and hold the Power Button for 5 seconds (LED flashes blue slowly), now tap the power button twice, your transmitter will now enter into the pairing mode (LED flashes red and blue alternately).
- Put your headphone or speaker in Pairing mode, and now the two devices will automatically connect with each other, after successful connection the Blue LED on transmitter will stay solid.
Tip : If you connect the transmitter to your non-Bluetooth devices like TV or iPod, then the audio would be transmitted to your stereo!