With JBL’s presence in waterproof Bluetooth speakers it is evident that JBL would come up with an upgrade to its most famous mini model Clip 2 model which will maintain its monopoly in the market, in line with those expectations JBL announced the introduction of JBL Clip 3. In this post I will present you the comparison of JBL Clip 2 vs Clip 3 explaining the new features in this upgrade so as to decide if you really spend money to get the latest version of be with the present speaker?
So lets have a look at what’s new in the JBL Upgrade Clip 3 model compared to its predecessor Clip 2
- Improved sound quality:
Now sound quality is something that needs to be experienced personally, so goto the nearest store and listen to both models simultaneously playing your favorite track and decide yourself.
- Extended music playtime:
10 hours of music playtime as compared to Clip2 with 8 hours playtime
- Rough and Touch:
New integrated carabiner framing the entire perimeter of the speaker, acting as a bumper.
- Volume control buttons on top of the speaker (look at the picture after the comparison table)
JBL Clip 2 vs Clip 3 : What’s new in this upgrade?
|Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker|
JBL Clip 2 specs
JBL Clip 3 specs
|Best Buy JBL Clip 2||Best Buy JBL Clip 3|
|Color||Black, Blue, Camo, Gray, Red,||Midnight black, ocean blue, fiesta red, river teal, stone gray, dusty pink, steel white, forest green, mustard yellow and desert sand|
|Output power||1 x 3W|
|Frequency response||120Hz – 20kHz (-6dB)|
You can submerge clip 2 in water
|Speakerphone||Take crystal clear calls from your speaker with a touch of a button – thanks to the noise and echo-free speakerphone||built-in echo and noise-canceling speakerphone|
|Music Playtime||8 hours of playtime.||10 hours of playtime.|
|Battery charge time||2.5 hour @ 5V, 0.5A||3 hour @ 5V, 0.5A|
|Battery type||Lithium-ion polymer (3.7V/730 mAh)||Lithium-ion polymer (3.7V/1000 mAh)|
|Add ons||Built in carbiner||integrated carabiner framing the entire perimeter of the speaker, acting as a bumper.|
|Wireless daisy chain – Connects with Additional Clip 2 Speaker||Wireless daisy chain – Connects with Additional Clip 3 Speaker|
|Integrated 3.5mm Audio Cable|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||141 x 94 x 42 (mm)||137 x 97 x 46 (mm)|
|Weight||184g||210g \ 0.46 lbs|
|Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker||JBL Clip 2||JBL Clip 3|
Expected to ship Sat Jun 23 2018.
JBL Clip 2 Features
Wireless Daisy Chain :
- You can wirelessly connect two Clip 2 speakers together to enjoy amplified sound.
IPX7 Waterproof [Clip 2 vs 3]
- You can submerge the JBL Clip 2 and JBL Clip 3 in water, which means they are perfect for an outdoor event, trekking, hiking, poolside party or getting out on bicycle in showers!
- Suggest to read meaning of IPX7 waterproof in this detailed article
Integrated 3.5 mm Audio cable connectivity
- No worries if you do not have Bluetooth connection, simply plug in the 3.5 mm Audio cable and enjoy the music.
- This is specially useful when you have mobile phone with you and want to save some mobile battery by switching off the Bluetooth. So get on to your bicycle or keep it into the backpack with connected mobile and enjoy hours of music on the go.
While this little speaker hangs on to the backpack, you can simply take your phone calls without even reaching and taking out the mobile phone, the speakerphone helps to answer the calls on the go. So continue the walking, cycling, hiking, running .. whatever you are doing and talk while you walk.
Built in Carabiner
- Get on to your adventures with Built in Carabiner. You need not spend money to make them compatible with your backpack. They already come with built in facility, so simply hook it to the backpack or bicycle, carry on your hiking without worry of space or being loosing the speakers. They will hand safely on backpack.
- Remember the upgraded Clip 3 has integrated Carabiner
Extra long music playtime:
Well as expected the upgraded Clip 3 has improved music playtime, you will get extra 2 hours of music playtime as compared to the previous version of Clip 2, which means you can play the music continuously till 10 hours in a single charge. Wow! for a weekend event this is more than sufficient. You need not worry to carry a charger for this portable speaker.
JBL Clip 2 vs Clip 3 : Worth spending $20 more ?
Both the speakers are waterproof to IPX7 grade, which means you can submerge them into the water !
Both have speakerphone capability to get phone calls ..
Both have got Carabiner for adventure activity .. only Clip 3 gets it built-in.
So whats improved in JBL Clip 3 is improved Music playtime using powerful 1000 mAh Li-ion battery. It gives you an extra 2 hours in your pocket which are really useful when you are outdoors, specially camping or hiking.
Second point is that the Carabiner is integrated in Clip 3 forming a complete loop around the speaker hence acting as an additional protection to the complete speaker, which is great news for adventure lovers … Any drop of speaker during outdoor events is an unavoidable thing, where the new design comes into picture. I loved the thought process of adding little giving extra at low weight and cost impact. Thanks to JBL engineers for such a real value addition to this upgrade.
Rest goes into the style quotient …
so considering the price offer, you need to spend almost 50% more money to get your hands on to the new upgrade, I will suggest only to get a couple of hours of music playtime and extra sturdiness there is no point in spending $20 more, so better to leave happily with JBL Clip 2 at the moment.
Hope this small and quick review helps you spending money for the right speaker.