If you have an Bose SoundLink Color Wireless Bluetooth Speaker and facing problems in connecting a previous paired device or even connecting to the SoundLink Color Speaker. In that case my Step-by-Step guide on How to Reset Bose Soundlink Color would be useful for you. I have tried to make it simple for understanding and also included other frequently faces problems in Bluetooth speakers like Soundlink Color. If you like this guide do not forget to put comments below the post, or even ask more questions to make this Bose Soundlink Color Troubleshooting guide comprehensive.
How to Reset Bose Soundlink Color ?
- First make sure that your Speaker is connected to a power supply.
- Now press and hold the aux and volume – buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. [or until the LED Indicators Flash]
- The speaker will now be powered off, simply press the Power button to turn the speaker ON.
- Verify your language selection
Tip: Remember that factory reset will erase all paired Bluetooth devices from the speaker’s memory !
After factory reset Soundlink color also my problem is not resolved ? what to do ?
Sometimes even if you factroy reset your soundlink speaker, you may not be still able to connect it to your iPhone or Android device. In that case follow the following Steps :
- Open your iPhone or Android mobile Bluetooth settings
- You will see list of devices that are paired with your phone (may have multiple entries depending upon how many other headphones or soundbars you have connected your mobile in past)
- Now select the entry of Bose Soundlink Color from the Bluetooth devices, press and hold on the entry for sometime, you will get an option of Forget the device. Select that.
- Now you can start fresh and try repairing the Speaker to your mobile.
- Sometimes removing or deleting entries of unused Bluetooth devices from your phone also helps.
What if you see Flashing Red Battery Light on Soundlink ?
This might happen for two reasons, one is that you have not used the Bose Soundlink Speaker from long time, say more than 24 days, in which case the speaker will enter into Battery Protection mode. Now this is done to prevent the speaker battery from entering into a deep discharge stage. In this case the speaker will start showing RED light flashing.
If you see RED light flashing, immediately put the speaker for charging (even you are not going to use it) for a minimum of 4 hours of continuous charging, then only attempt to use the speaker.
Note : Deep discharge state of battery is harmful, since recovery even after charging will not be possible, it is as good as the battery goes into dead stage, hence this stage shall be avoided.
Bose Soundlink Color Troubleshooting guide – How to?
There are other common problems that users face and I have tried to answer them to best of my knowledge and in simple manner.
Speaker not turning on when connected to power
There can be a case when the speaker does not come to life even after plugging into the wall socket! In that case follow the following simple checks to get it back to life.
- Check Socket Connection:
First thing can be improper socket connection. Check for any loose connection to the wall socket. If you are using a adapter or surge protector try removing it and directly connecting speaker to wall power socket. Even try changing the location of socket in your house, sometimes the socket inside pins might have got loose connection making it incomplete charging circuit. So if you are in kitchen then move on to the patio power point! Try it!!
- Faulty power adapter:
Second chance is that your power adapter is faulty. Best and fastest way is to borrow one from your friend and check if the speaker is getting charged, if this resolves then its time to buy a new power adapter.
Another reason is mostly the cable of power adapter gets damaged due to some reasons like pinching, in that case simply discard that damaged cable and replace with new one.
- Use original power adapter as far as possible:
If you have lost original power adapter and using alternate one, check for the compatibilityYou can Buy the original Charger from Bose
Speaker not turning on when put on Battery
Most of the times this situation arises if you have not used your speaker for a long time and even not bothered to charge its battery, this can lead to going the battery into Deep Discharge state from where it can’t come back to life. Now to prevent this Deep discharge stage, the protector mechanism gets activated automatically and the speaker enters into something called as Battery Protection Mode.
- Is Battery Protection mode activated?
Check if the speaker has entered into battery protection mode, red light may be flashing, in that case charge the battery with wall socket charger for at least four hours and then try using it on battery power.
- Replace the battery:
Even after putting for charging, speaker not working on battery alone, in that case the battery may be faulty or reached to end of life or as said earlier entered into a Deep Discharge stage. In that case try replacing the battery by going to service station or swap it with friends speaker battery, just for confirmation.
Generally the battery life depends upon the number of charging-discharging cycles it has gone into. So Li-ion batteries can generally sustain about 1000 cycles, sometimes even 2000 cycles, or 3 years of approximate life, after which they might not retain the charge. So look at life of your speaker from the date of purchase.
- Can I replace Battery at home?
Well you can do it with lot of difficulty and risk, hence I suggest not to attempt the battery replacement at home, but to goto authorized service centers to get the job done. Some websites do show the step-by-step process to replace the battery, but I strongly recommend DO NOT ATTEMPT IT AT HOME.
How do I maintain Battery life?
Also another reason is not using the speaker for prolonged time, even if you are not going to use it make sure you charge it at least once a month. (and possibly discharge it for at least an hour)
Bose soundlink color not charging
- Connect the soundlink color to power supply
- Press and hold the Play/Pause button for at least 15 seconds
- While continuing to hold Play/Pause, unplug from power
- Release Play/Pause
How long does it take to charge a Bose speaker?
Once you receive the speaker, best way is to full charge it using a wall socket charger.
It will take around 3 hours to get it to full charge level when the battery is completely drained. Feel free to use the speaker while it is charging.
This shall enable you to listen to 8-10 hours of music at full volume.
My speaker is connected to mobile but not playing music ?
Your Speaker is connected successfully to mobile, showing Bluetooth connected but still not playing music.
- May be its a faulty signal, means the speaker in actual practice not paired with mobile, simply try restarting your mobile, mostly issues shall get resolved after restart.
- Sometimes mobile audio output is directed to headphones (if connected via 3.5 mm jack) in that case remove the headphone connected to mobile and try playing music.
- Check the distance between your mobile device and speaker, it should be directly in the line of sight as well as withing 33 feet range. Try going near to the speaker and check if the music being played or not.
- Sometimes simply the soundlink volume setting may be too low ! or even it might be on Mute mode !! Just simply adjusting volume levels may resolve the issue.
- Sometimes other devices make interference with Bluetooth signal and hence you may have interrupted music playing ! Outside devices generating interference may include, but are not limited to: microwave ovens, cordless phones, network routers, and other Bluetooth devices.
Quality of sound not Good or Distorted
If you are playing the music over 3.5 mm Aux cord, check if the cord is connected properly to the speaker and mobile phone or music player, there are chances of loose connection due to non-matching of 3.5 mm connector. You may need to replace the cord to see if the problem goes off.
Sometimes the louder volume at specific frequencies tend to distort the sound from the speakers, sometimes the reason is aging of speakers, where the moving coil around magnet erodes magnet due to closer tolerances reducing the quality of sound produced, this may happen after heavy usage for about couple of years or so. In such a case you may need to replace the driver (if possible) or then replace the speaker itself.
I am not able to pair speaker with a Bluetooth device
- Check and ensure that your speaker is having latest software update. In case you are not aware, check for latest software update on Bose official website https://www.bose.com/support.html
- If the software is up-to-date then simple do the factory reset (refer to process given at the beginning of this post)
- Other possibility is that your speaker may have stored too many Bluetooth devices in memory, in that case press and hold the Bluetooth button for about 10 seconds until you hear a noise. Now you have cleared all Bluetooth devices from speakers memory, try reconnecting with your Bluetooth device.
How frequently I should update my speaker firmware?
Well I would recommend updating the speaker as soon as you feel like there is some issue like not getting connected to your mobile, mostly the updates will make it compatible with latest updates on your mobile device.
So the process to update the Bose speaker is pretty simple to follow.
- Plug your speaker into your computers USB port.
- Go to btu.bose.com to download the Bose updater.
- Install the Bose Updater on your computer or laptop.
- Now launch the Bose Updater and follow the on-screen instructions, it will automatically find out if there is new software update available for your speaker and update it.
How to pair my Bose soundlink with Bluetooth device ?
- Turn on Speaker
- Turn on Bluetooth device (iPhone or Android phone etc)
- Now press and hold the Bluetooth button on the speaker for three seconds, this will make the speaker enter into a discoverable mode.
- . The Bluetooth indicator will slowly turn on and off to show the speaker is able to be discovered.
- Goto your mobile, and locate the “Bose SoundLink” in the Bluetooth device list, select it.
- If your mobile asks for a code, enter digits 0000 and press OK.
- Your mobile will show paired and at the same time SoundLink speakers Bluetooth indicator stops turning on and off and remains on.
- You are done, ready to play music.
What is maximum distance between my mobile and Bluetooth speaker ?
- Most of the Bluetooth devices has standard operating range of around 33 feet while they are kept in the line of sight, what it means is that your Bluetooth speaker shall be able to see the source, say your mobile phone directly without any intervention like a solid wall or furniture or door etc. It might work but you may encounter some disturbances in the signal and missed music signals in between making listening experience worse.
So to keep it simple, your speaker should be able to see the transmitting device say your mobile, in that case even sometimes signal will work beyond 33 feet range.
- Remember that Bluetooth signals can not cross solid obstacles such as walls or furniture or metal efficiently like a WiFi signal, there are chances that the signal may get interrupted giving broken music play.
- In such case try moving the SoundLink speaker in the clear line of sight with your mobile or Bluetooth device. If this does not work, move it near to the speaker and it should work fine.
- In case you loose the signal connectivity, it might be due to large distance or low power, in both cases move the speaker to the Bluetooth source.
I have missed my Bose color manual where can I find it?
So hope my guide on How to Reset Bose Soundlink Color will be useful to you. Please do put comments below to encourage me in writing more useful stuff for you.