Soundpeats is gaining market share in Bluetooth Music Space .. Recently they introduced New Bluetooth neckband Q1000 which is an upgrade of Q900.
I am using this headset since couple of months now and in this post I will narrate my experience using Q1000 as well as its comparison against predecessor Q900.
- Q1000 has got Apt-x
- Improved battery life compared to Q900
- Most important is that Q1000 are sleeker than Q900
- Both borrows Soundpeats branded sound signature.
Lets look at the Features and Functions (At actual)
Soundpeats Q1000 Sound Quality
(This is the main function of any Headphone or Earbud)
The sound is very crisp with bright highs and tight bass. I specially loved the overall balance between all three, I don’t get over-bogged by the bass … perfectly balanced … good job …
In fact I heard some of the best folk songs using these earbuds and I liked them .. I think the playback is true to the frequencies .. reproduction is perfect
However .. yes .. one thing is too much highs feels irritating .. Specially someone has mentioned about listening to Metallica – No Leaf Clover (official track) .. I tried it and found really highs are slightly tiring …
Test 2 : Big Tymers – Still Fly .. played super .. well balanced bass .. no overpowering .. I would still prefer the vocals bit overpowering music .. but not bad … Still fly plays best while shifting sounds from left to right earbuds .. good …
Apt-X surely delivers crisper highs and many people has said that it’s tiring to listen to highs .. but specially I didn’t find any issues in listening to music …Apt-X works as desired
- Listen to TV
Yep … works fine … no issues .. and they isolate perfectly .. so I am happy watching movies during night time using Q1000
- Noise cancellation: Noise Reduction: CVC 6.0
I was skeptical since many people has complained about the noise cancellation of these earbuds .. but as per me it works great at given price range !! Yes for sure it can’t conceal all the ambient noises but remember what you are spending for … not a $300 earbud ..right ..so I give full marks ..
In fact when I wear them, I am absolutely unable to listen to another person standing in front of me .. I am sure this much noise reduction is perfectly okay ..
- While I was testing these earbuds, I got a phone call and tested it quickly, I found the mic quality is really very good. and as said previously he noise cancellation works great … these earbuds are good for vocals .. so he call clarity is good.
Comfort & Fit: Weight: 1.23 ounces/35g
- If you compare them with predecessors Q900, these are substantially smaller & lighter too.
- Its comfortable to wear, soft touch to skin .. really light weight .. I don’t even feel them wearing ..
- Although they are provided with three different sized eartips, in the first go I got fitted them perfectly … so not tried all sizes … originally fitted once are good enough for me in terms of comfort and noise isolation.
- Magnetic back:
Now a days magnetic back feature is quite popular .. and these earbuds are also equipped with magnets. Well its surely convenient since the magnets prevents dangling around.
- Easy to use
- Control buttons are located on the neckband portion of the earphones and are easily accessible
- The Q1000 has all the buttons on the neckband including play/pause, vol up/down, track skip and power switch,
- I received the phone call using controls on my mobile and did not try picking from earbuds … next time I shall try and update here
- Sliding ON/OFF switch:
Simple to use sliding switch, rather than pressing a small button for few seconds in traditional headsets.
I think simplicity helps here … easy to operate as well as no fear of accidental operations …
- Only thing missing in these earbuds is the lack of a multi-function button! but that’s fine.. you can’t expect everything at such low price …
- Voice notifications assist you at every mode including paring .. which is good feature indeed
Battery Minimum Rated Talk Time: 5 hours / Minimum Rated Standby Time: 200 hours
- I received the headset is factory-pre-charged. After testing initially I charged it to full within an hour or so. (Charging – LED indicator will turn red. fully charged LED indicator turns blue)
When in charging mode (even if currently in use), the headset will automatically turn off.
- Battery life:
They last around 5 hours on a full charge (1~1.5 hours) using the microUSB port
- Battery Low indication:
The LED indicator flashes red when the battery is low, and warned with a voice prompt “battery low”
- Auto Switch Off:
I liked this auto-turn-off feature which saves power and extends use. Even if I forget to switch them off, they get switched off within 3 minutes if I don’t pair them to any handset.
Secondly they switch to standby mode when I switch my mobile BT off, I think withing 5 minutes, which later turns off automatically.
- Battery charging microUSB cover: Yes its quite hard to put this cover back to place! But I think this is worth if I need to protect them from sweat!!
- Absolutely no issues… it quickly paired with my phone as well as the computer .. I think with delay of 10 to 15 seconds for first time paring … and 2-3 seconds for paired devices .. good ..
- Advanced Multipoint Pairing:
I am able to connect to two devices at the same time. Now this means I am able to take calls from phone and listen to music from tablet ..
Bluetooth Function (Signal strength, range 33 feet)
- The headset BT connection works perfectly good till 20~25 feets, when in range of sight. However if there is obstacle like moving persons in Gym, furniture or solid wall the BT signal gets weaker delivering an interrupted music .. I think this is the only area where I am slightly unhappy .. and which Soundpeats engineers need to work further to improve the signal strength.
Aesthetics & Build Quality
- Matt finish with good quality plastic provides confidence on durability. (Q900 looks glossy as against Matt Q1000, both are good looking)
The cable attached to the neckband is quite thin, here also I fear that in case of rough handling, this cable can easily break (although I did not dare to try this with fear of loosing a set of earbuds 😛 )
- With the price-point Soundpeats has launched Q1000, its a good deal indeed. Yes you can go for it.
- It scores 4.5 Stars out of 5 Stars as per my rating.
|Soundpeats Q1000||Soundpeats Q900 (Upgrade)|
|Best Buy||Amazon USA||Amazon USA|
|Amazon Germany, UK||Amazon Germany, UK|
Amazon rating as on 29 June 2017 : 4.3 STARS (73% – 5 Star, 2% – 1 Star)
Here is video review by Viaa, out youngest team member, obsessed with headphones and gadgets.
TIPS for use:
- Charge the headset at least once every 3 months when not in use for extended periods of time.
- To ensure the charging safety, please do not use any USB charging adapter with current over 1A.
- Please do not use any type of quick charger to charge the headset.